Beck’s General Store was built in 1898 by Charles Henke. Theodore H. Beck owned the store in 1905. The store also had a telephone switchboard. In March, 1917, Ignatz Reinbold owned a nearby tavern. Son Arthur hauled produce and 1500 trays of strawberries per day to the market in the spring.
Theodore’s wife was Emma. He was born Dec. 18, 1875 and served in WWI.
The Arnold Historical Society has the original scale from the Beck store in its museum at 1723 Jeffco Blvd.